1. Pause You're interested in The Wisdom Smithy because you're exhausted from being on a hamster wheel where the cheese keeps moving no matter how fast you chase it. When you pause, you begin to see clearly that the cheese was never outside yourself to begin with. The Wisdom Smithy is the "gap year" that nixes random searching for a structured and disciplined way of discovering who you are.
2. Reflect With clarity comes responsibility. How will you live your life? For what purpose? How will you find ways to follow your passion? How will you change the world for the better? Learning to think analytically and critically about yourself and the world around you will help you discover meaning and purpose where you previously thought none existed.
3. Connect You cannot change something––whether yourself or some form of injustice––from a distance. We all long for intimacy with ourselves, with others, with the world. When you give yourself space to pause and reflect, you also give yourself the joy of feeling connected to your own life and to the life of others. Everyday happiness and a purpose-driven life follow.
Guided by the above principles, your time at The Wisdom Smithy will be divided into four parts:
1. A disciplined study of character, wisdom, and the art of "just sitting" which serves to connect the mind to the heart.
2. Learning how to read & think analytically with depth of insight. Each student's readings will be cultivated based on their own passions and interests.
3. Going out into the world and learning hands-on from people who know how to do what you're interested in doing yourself.